Last Modified: March 10, 2022
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Non-Personal Information
- Your Rights: Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information
- Closing Accounts
- Wireless Addresses
- Information Security, Integrity, and Retention
- Consent to Processing
- Third-Party Websites and Services
- Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children
- Contact Us
Collection and Use of Personal Information
You do not have to provide Personal Information to generally use the Site. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site, we may require that you provide Personal Information.
What Personal Information We Collect
In order to make your use of our Site as worthwhile as possible, we may gather different kinds of Personal Information from or about you.
- Information you provide: We collect the Personal Information you provide when you use the Site or otherwise interact with us, through users’ activities and the completion of online forms such as when users register or subscribe for accounts or features on our Site, order event tickets, complete surveys, join online communities, create profile pages, upload photographs, contribute to open forums that we may make available on or through our Site, submit a comment or question to us using a “Contact Us” or similar feature on our Site, send us an e-mail, or in any other way submit Personal Information to us via our Site.
- Information about use of our services: When you visit the Site, we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. Where available, our services may use GPS, your IP address, and other technologies to determine a device’s approximate location to allow us to improve our programs and services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Generally speaking, we use Personal Information for internal business and record keeping purposes; provide, improve, and develop our programs and services; to communicate with you; to offer targeted advertisements and programs; and to protect us and our users.
- Provide you requested programs and services: We use Personal Information to help us provide you the programs and services your request, and to respond to your inquiries about our offerings.
- Provide, improve, and develop our programs and services: We use Personal Information to help us provide, improve, and develop our programs, services, and advertising. This includes using Personal Information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you programs and services and for business continuity.
- Communicate with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use Personal Information to offer you programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you, to notify you when we make changes to our services, to fulfill a request by you, to process transactions, or to contact you about your relationship with us. Also subject to your express consent, we may send you notices (e.g. in the form of e-mails, mailings), and otherwise correspond with you, about programs and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you.
- Promote safety and security: We use Personal Information to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our programs and services.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by following the instructions in the Your Rights: Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information section below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our programs and services.
- Public Forums: When you contribute to a public area or feature of our Site, such as a chat room, community, bulletin board, list serve, personal Web page, calendar, news group, blog, wiki or other open forum that we may make available on or through our Site, the information that you submit may be made available to the general public. For this reason, we recommend that you exercise caution when submitting any sensitive information, including your full name, home address, phone number, other information that would enable other users to locate you, or financial information on these areas of our Site. Within these public forums, we may provide you privacy options that allow you to restrict the ability of others to use and view your Personal Information.
- Third-Party Offers: Subject to your prior express consent, we may provide visitors an opportunity to receive offers from other third-party entities that have services, programs and offers that we think might be of interest to you. Also subject to your prior express consent, we may from time to time provide your Personal Information to these entities so that they may send you these offers. These companies are obligated to protect your information. You may withdraw your consent to receive such offers by following the instructions in the Your Rights: Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information section below.
- Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to help operate our Site and provide services including but not limited to data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment and other services of an administrative nature. We may share Personal Information about you with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide services to you or to us (for example, if you choose to make a purchase through the Site, we may share your Payment Information or other Personal Information with our third party service providers to fulfill your purchase, including, to process your credit card or payment account number or to ship products to you).
- Legally Compelled Disclosures; Emergencies: We may disclose Personal Information to others as we believe to be appropriate (a) where permitted or required by applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from governmental or public authorities; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of us, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Assignment: We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our operation or assets (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Your express consent will be obtained if, for any of the above actions or events, it is required under applicable law.
When you visit and interact with the Site, we and our third-party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information (for example, a catalog of Site pages you visit). Non-Personal Information is generally collected through the Site from different sources: (i) cookies; (ii) clear GIFs and similar technologies; (iii) environmental variables; and (iv) information that you voluntarily provide.
- Clear GIFs: We and our service providers may use “clear GIFs” (aka “Web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies, in the Site and/or in our communications with you to enable us to know whether you have visited a Web page or received a message. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a Web page or in an e-mail or other type of message, which is used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and e-mail recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns and to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- Environmental Variables: We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most Web sites, and can be used to optimize your experience on the Site.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide: We also collect Non-Personal Information (e.g., demographic information, your interests, your geographic location) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. This information is Non-Personal Information because, unless combined with Personal Information, it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate Personal Information in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-Personal Information for purposes of this Policy.
- IP Address: Our servers automatically collect data about your server’s Internet address when you visit us. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you’re on the Internet. When you request pages from our Site, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another Web site or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Site; the Web site you visit after this Site; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. We and our service providers use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Site. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider.
Disclosure of Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information with third parties for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information or IP Addresses with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information or IP Addresses with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Your Rights: Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object, at any time, to the further processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
You may have the right to make choices regarding certain uses of your Personal Information. For example, at the time you are requested to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to consent to receiving certain types of correspondence from us, or to whether your information will be shared with third parties for marketing purposes. You may also make a request regarding how your information is used by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on an opt-out link within an e-mail you receive. Clearly indicate what choices you are making (electing not to receive promotional communications message from us or requesting that we not share information with third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes). Please understand that if you withdraw your consent or opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, donations and communications with us.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent or opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove Personal Information about you from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared Personal Information as of the date on which we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from third parties, please contact the third parties directly or use any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
Access and Correction
If you would like to access Personal Information we have collected about you through the Website or if you would like to update, correct or limit the use of any Personal Information you have provided to us via the Website, please Contact Us.
For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request and consistent with applicable law. You must clearly indicate the Personal Information that you wish to have changed, clearly indicate that you wish to have your Personal Information or clearly indicate the limitations you wish to put on our use of your Personal Information. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
You may Contact Us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
Please Contact Us to close your account. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and we may delete any or all of your information without liability.
However, we may retain information related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or for legitimate purposes, such as analysis of non-personal information, account recovery, auditing our records, and enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements.
If the e-mail address you provide to us is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages at such address from us (unless and until you have elected not to receive such messages by following the instructions in the Your Rights: Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information section above). You understand that your wireless carrier’s standard rates apply to these messages, and that you may change your mind at any time by following the instructions in the Your Rights: Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Personal Information section above. You represent that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device on which messages will be received, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
Information Security, Integrity, and Retention
While we will use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information provided to this Site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. Please do not send us sensitive information through email.
You may be able to create an account on our Site with a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Site by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. You agree to (a) immediately notify us by contacting us in accordance with the Contact Us section below of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please Contact Us with the alternative contact information you wish to be used.
Consent to Processing
By providing Personal Information to this Site, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories.
Third-Party Websites and Services
When you are on our Site you may have the opportunity to visit, or link to, other sites not operated by us. (As an example, when you want to make a purchase from our online store, you link to a third party Web site to place your order.) These sites may collect Personal Information about you. We do not control sites that are operated by these entities and are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those third parties, nor are we responsible for the information or content their products and services contain. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by us. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any third parties before proceeding to use their websites, products, or services.
Note Regarding the Use of the Site by Children
Our programs and services are intended for adults. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 16, or the equivalent minimum age depending on the jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information.
Last Modified: March 10, 2022
Definition of “Cookies”
Types of Cookies
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our websites and services and to enable essential features, such as providing shopping cart or live chat functionality. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfill your request.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites and services and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing. The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our websites and make them easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information we use in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites and services are being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, and help us customize our websites. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalized to you and your interests. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
Cookies Placed by Third Parties
Controlling and Opting Out of Cookies
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device’s help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services.
These opt-out mechanisms rely on cookies to remember your choices. If you delete your cookies, use another computer or device, or change browsers, you will need to repeat the opt-out process. In addition, opting out of interest-based advertisements will not opt you out of all advertisements, but rather only those advertisements that are personalized to your interests.
Do Not Track